Cherryfans.com wants you to:
comfortable using our web sites
2. Feel secure submitting information to us
3. Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on
4. Know that by using our sites you are consenting to the
collection of certain data
WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?
collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs
through our Web server, including: computer-identification
information obtained from "cookies", sent to your browser from a
1. Web server
and stored on your hard drive
2. An IP address, assigned to the computer which you use
3. The domain server through which you access our service
4. The type of computer you're using
5. The type of web browser you're using
We may collect the following personally identifiable information
2. Email address
3. ZIP/Postal code
4. Demographic profile (like your age, gender, occupation,
education and durables owned)
5. Interests (such as news, sports, travel and so on)
6. Financial information (like account or credit card numbers)
7. Opinions of features on our website(s).
WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION?
1. We will
collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit
2. We will collect personally identifiable information about you
only as part of a voluntary registration process, on-line survey
3. Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information
from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
4. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not
responsible for the privacy practices of such Web sites.
5. We may make chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message
boards and other services available to you. Please understand
that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes
public information. We have no control over its use and you
should exercise caution when disclosing your personal
information to anyone.
HOW'S THE INFORMATION USED?
personal information to:
1. Help us
provide personalized features
2. Tailor our sites to your interest
3. Get in touch with you when necessary
contact information internally to:
1. Direct our
efforts for product improvement
2. Contact you as a survey respondent
3. Notify you if you win any contest
4. Send you promotional materials from our contest sponsors or
use anonymous traffic information to:
1. Remind us
of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more
personalized service from both an advertising and an editorial
2. Recognize your access privileges to our Web sites
3. Track your entries in some of our promotions, sweepstakes and
contests to indicate a player's progress through the promotion
and to track entries, submissions, and status in prize drawings
4. Make sure that you don't see the same ad repeatedly
5. Help diagnose problems with our server
6. Administer our Web sites
7. Track your session so that we can understand better how
people use our sites
WITH WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We will not
disclose any of your personally identifiable information to
third parties unless:
1. We have
2. Special circumstances such as compliance with legal
authorities require disclosure
We will not
use your financial information for any purpose other than to
complete a transaction with you. We share survey contact
information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND
DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
personally identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You
are not required to register with us in order to use our sites.
However, we offer some services only to visitors who do
we will remove your personally identifiable information from our
database, thereby canceling your registration. See contact
If we plan to
use your personally identifiable information for any commercial
purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that
information and allow you to opt-out of having your information
used for those purposes.
that are customizable require that you accept cookies. You also
must accept cookies to register as someone for access to some of
our services. For information on how to set your browser to
alert you to cookies, or to reject cookies, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT INFORMATION
FROM LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION?
against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under
our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic
and managerial procedures. For example, our servers are
accessible only to authorized personnel.
will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your
personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means
of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this
site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of
your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized
acts of third parties.
IN WHAT WAYS CAN THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING WORK?
We use a few
third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit
our Web site. These companies may use information (not including
your name, address, email address or telephone number) about
your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide
advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and
services that may be of interest to you.
In the course
of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party
advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your
HOW CAN YOU CORRECT INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION?
To correct or
update any information you have provided, our sites give you the
following options for changing:
e-mail to admin at cherryfans dot com
the right to change or update these policies at any time upon
reasonable notice, effective immediately upon posting to this